First of all, welcome to all my new followers! I had a sudden unexpected burst of new followers on BlogLovin’, which I’m assuming is due to the new Sewing category they added, a much needed and appreciated addition.
I’ve continued with my new StyleArc obsession, this time making another Rosie Top. Last time I made it in linen and in a size 10, and it turned out much too big. At the time, I altered the princess lines of the pattern and made a muslin…and of course it was now way too small. So I gave up and threw it in a corner somewhere. But given my new-found love of StyleArc, I decided to pull out the pattern again and make it in a knit fabric to account for my unintended negative ease. I used a very stable floral cotton knit from Mood, which is no longer on their website, and remnants of navy rayon jersey for the flat piping.
I finish the neckline by simply folding under and topstitching.
The side seams/piping don’t match. This happens when you forget to remove horizontal fabric from the ‘skirt’ portion after you’ve removed fabric from the princess seams in the front and back. Whoops! I don’t think it’s all that obvious though.
I added an inch to the length of the ‘skirt’ portion. But it really didn’t look good – the proportions were way off and I removed the inch when hemming. I forgot to do a forward shoulder adjustment, but I really should have. the shoulder seams sit way too far back and contribute to the extra fabric on my back shoulders.
I’m wearing it in these pictures with my new Moss mini skirt. This is my third version, although I don’t know how much I like it. I used a bright pink stretch denim from Fabric Mart. The color is fine, but I don’t particularly like the stretch component. I wear my non-stretch denim version all the time and I love how it relaxes and stretches to fit my body during wear without the addition of any lycra.
Nice face Carrie!
It’s a bit on the tight side, so I may have to go up a size next time.
I used gingham shirting remnants from a recent blouse as a nice contrast.
And I used Lauren’s fly-front tutorial which was WONDERFUL. Very easy to follow and it turned out so great. My only word of warning, this tutorial produces a left-handed zipper. Next time, I’ll be flipping everything 180 degrees!Despite how busy I am, I have been sewing quite a bit and photographed a few more garments this morning, so look for a few more posts coming up soon. Most of the garments I’ve been making are really simple – it’s so nice and fulfilling to take a few hours break from writing my thesis and complete something! However, I have a more detailed project to start soon. I’m making a lace shift dress for my friend to wear at the rehearsal dinner/welcome dinner for her wedding in July. I made a muslin and was able to fit it last weekend during her Bachelorette but I can’t help but be nervous the final dress won’t fit!