Whew – I made it through Me-Made-May! Also two posts in two days…I’m on a roll!
- I have a lot more handmade garments than I realized! I made it thought the month without any duplicates and I still have more in the closet I didn’t wear (including almost every dress I’ve made…whoops. I suppose I should stop making dresses, but that’s just not going to happen).
- I already reach to wear Me-made garments almost every day
- I don’t profess to sew the most stylish or trendy clothes…but I’m very proud at how functional my Me-made wardrobe is. I’ve learned what works for me and what I’m comfortable wearing. It’s hard not to jump on the bandwagon and sew a new Indie pattern, and I love supporting the Indie companies, but most just aren’t practical for me. Sidenote: Is anyone else getting a little irritated at how huge the Blog Tours are becoming? Ex: Pattern Parcel #3…the list goes on for ages! I see why advertising is important, especially for the Indie companies, but at some point it must become harmful to them. I actively avoid buying things that are too aggressively advertised.
- As expected, MMM pointed out 2 gaping holes in my Me-Made wardrobe: bottoms (which I predicted) and cardigans.
- Through the month, I’ve paid attention to the characteristics of the clothes I enjoy wearing. As I’ve mentioned many times, I work in a lab so I’m restricted to pants and closed toed-shoes (EHS regulations). Moreover, I’m around bleach all day, and since I don’t reliably wear my lab coat (it’s a hassle), I need to wear clothes aren’t too drapey and fall close to my body…otherwise when you lean over the bench to grab something, your clothes can touch unseen bleach and BAM, it’s ruined. It’s happened too many times, and usually to your brand new favorite shirt :(
- Taking daily pictures is not fun – but if you leave your camera set up on a tripod in the living room it gets easier
- I need to do something different with my hair (haha)
And the final set of pictures:
Tuesday, May 27th:
Yellow Swiss Dot Top
Friday, May 30th:
Polka-Dot Butterick 6024
I’m almost done with a dress for my bridal shower next weekend. And then after that, I might take a blogging break for the rest of the month….June is going to be a crazy crazy month.
It’s beautiful weather here in Boston – time to get outside and relax a bit while I still can!